[or-roots] A Training Aid McGuire - Baker

Marsha BradleyLuthy PMML at MERITEL.NET
Mon Jun 27 21:07:03 PDT 2011

Think I might help lots more on this family.

marriage certificate on file
There is a book on file in the Rogue Valley Genalogical Society Library
Oregon: Victor Frances Fuller
   The early indian wars of Oregon com from the Oregon Archives and the
origional sourceswith muster rolls Salem Frank C. Baker 1894 717 p.
e Indeyed Photocopy of origional editon Donated by Jean Mack

Chief Baker Dies at 75 Served on Fort Collins Police Force 17 yearsFuneral
2:30 Wenesday see attached Obituary.

John Baker 1869 - 1915

     Source: Scrapbook bought at the estate sale of Vivian Roller by TedW.
Roller

                    JOHN BAKER DIED LAST THURSDAY

Another home in this city as been saddened, bowed down with grief andheart
strings torn that
cannot be healed only by time.  A good wife is mourning the passing ofher
husband, and children
are sobbing for the absent father, brothers and sisters are bowed downwith
sadness, on account of
the separation.

It is so sad to see young men pass, but it has been so decreed and will
continue for all time to come.
Death is an unwelcome visitor to every family, yet every family hastasted of
its bitterness at
sometime and all will continue to.

John R. Baker died Thursday evening, Feb. 25, 1915, at his home in thiscity,
of stomach and liver
trouble, aged 46 years, 1 month and 19 days.

He was the son of the late Mr and Mrs. Andrew J. Baker old and highly
respected citizens of near
this city, during life and was born Jan. 6, 1869, in Roaring Rivertownship,
this county, and has lived
his entire life in the county.  He attended the country schools and the
Cassville High School, while
the late Prof. Malden was Superintendent, and taught several schools inthis
county, very
successfully.

January, 1892, he and Miss Mattie Lowder, a most estimable lady, weremarried
and seven children
were born of this marriage, four of whom are living, we are: Rolla,Marie,
Robert and Ross.

He was a brother of Columbus Baker of Oklahoma, A.J., J.C., Albert andWill
Baker of and near
this city, Mrs. Harvey Higgs of near Wheaton, and Mrs. Lou Davis ofIdaho.

For several years he has been in the real estate business in this city.

He has many friends who will be very sorry to learn of his death.

Funeral services were conducted Friday, Feb. 26, 1915 by Rev. E.W. Loveat
the
Presbyterian
Church at 3:00 p.m., where a large number of sorrowing relatives andfriends
assembled to pay the
last respect.

He was a member of the Odd Fellows and the Modern Woodmen of America,
inwhich
society he
carries $1,000. For the benefit of his family.

The remains were laid to rest in Oak Hill Cemetery after the services atthe
church.

       Return to Online Data IndexReturn to
Barry County

**