[or-roots] It's a relative thing

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 11:56:12 PST 2012

A short digression, the subject line was my Anthropology prof's joke about incest which having married a cousin once removed is sometimes a sensitive subject in my house.
Back to "relationship" terminology, the one that stumped me was "woodpile kin."
I had to approach that on very carefully as the only explanation I could come up with involved an old joke that is now very politically incorrect. Maybe we could substitute some reference to Carol Burnett's mailman to make it politically correct.
anyway my surmise jibed with what the person asking me thought was implied.
Les