[or-roots] Buttonhole relative

Joanne Broadhurst konajo37 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:20:45 PST 2012

This is nothing to do with locating genealogy facts but there is a volunteer group in Hawaii called the Calabash Cousins who are an auxiliary to the Daughters of Hawaii.  The Daughters are the caretakers of the 2 remaining royal palaces in Honolulu and Kona.  And the explanation of the calabash is correct. When we spend our winters in Kona, I have joined and participate in the Calabash Cousins group where I have learned so much about the Hawaiian culture and historic sites. Joanne Broadhurst