[or-roots] Josephine Gross - Need more help

SAWYER, Layne G layne.g.sawyer at state.or.us
Mon Dec 17 10:18:33 PST 2012

Mike,

I looked at the death certificate here at the Archives. (I think in past emails somebody was going to get a copy of certificate for you, if that hasn't happened yet you could request it from the Reference staff as well)  Anyway, the death certificate lists her father as Aleck Smith and mother as Frances Mathews.  It also indicates that she had resided in Portland since 1906. Her birthplace is given as Atlanta Georgia, March 4, 1871.  Place of burial listed as Lincoln Memorial Park.

Hope this helps move the research along.

Regards,

Layne Sawyer