[or-roots] Headstone Laural hill Eugene

Linda Wiley oregontrail1851 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 11:11:59 PST 2012

Dan, I belong to the daughters of Union Veterans of the Civil War (DUV), Tent #2, South Willamette Valley.  I emailed our Tent President, Carolyn Hall, for some info and turns out she knows you--you helped her with our webpage.  I recognized our DUV wreath from the picture on find-a-grave.  She verified it is CO F.  Darleen provided good info in her post about the government-provided memorial stones.  Sons of Union Veterans has an active project to seek out un-recognized CW vets--ones that do not have a headstone.  I think this national project started in 1996.  There might be info in his CW records about the headstone.  My great grandfather, a CW vet, died in 1916, buried in Albany, and does not have a government marker--just GAR on the stone provided by his family, so I couldn't check to see if it was mentioned.  Linda Wiley, Sublimity, OR