[or-roots] 1940 census

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 21:27:04 PDT 2012

I am for sure not blaming the indexers, but the census takers themselves for Sunnie not being there. I paged through Loon Lake, Scottsburg, Elkton and East Reedsport which is where I think she should have been, though the ED map is very unclear with respect to district boundaries. She and her parents weren't in any of those pages so I certainly can't blame the indexers.
I am pretty sure I got all the names right on the Oregon pages I did, unfortunately the second checker changed a couple of them. One of them was arguable, but the other one as far as I was concerned they just plain called wrong. It clearly was written out correctly (I checked other sources to be sure how it was supposed to be spelled) and the second opinion changed the name to a more common spelling even though it was clearly written elsewise in my opinion.
Oh well.
Okay, before I sign off, here is a success story to make y'all feel better, Little brother was talking about a local from CG he hadn't been able to find today, I just queried his name at the link I posted earlier and poof, there he was at the top pf the page.