[or-roots] 1940 census

W David Samuelsen dsam52 at sampubco.com
Thu May 10 12:13:45 PDT 2012

HIT the logo itself and it will take you there. You don't have to click
on that little line below the logo.

The OTHER way,

familysearch.org

scroll to list of geographical databases, under "Browse by Location",
click on United States

type in "United States Census, 1940"

Wait for the flag to fade off, get your mouse over to map of oregon and
hit it. It takes you to the index entry page.

Oregon, Colorado, Kansas, New Hampshire, Virginia and Delaware have
indexes online now.

Other states are waiting for programmers and final arbirators to check
disputes and resolving them (Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Alaska,
Montana, Wyoming, Florida, Vermont, Mississippi)

Two are at 99 percent, Hawaii and Louisiana

David