[or-roots] Archives - Death/Birth Certificates

Barbara Herring barbhg1221 at comcast.net
Thu May 24 13:45:10 PDT 2012

Denise,

When I toured the State Archives last fall, Layne said that they did not have the Birth Certificates.  The V ital S tatistics in Portland still has them and has not figured out a good way to preserve them on microfilm or some other way as some are in very fragile condition.  So e ven though the privacy rule is only for 100 years, the mechanics of making the certificates available has not been worked out.  Hopefully, it won't take  another 100 years for them to figure it out!

Barbara Herring