[or-roots] Stationery engineer

Leslie Chapman opera_70 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 22:04:58 PDT 2013

Thanks Linda; Roy tells me that was what a donkey puncher was called back in the day, it's even in the dictionary if I had looked up, of course there it is more generic and just says it is anyone who engineers a motor that doesn't move. I should have checked Mac, but usually GNIS has it if he has it so Vesper kind of surprised me.

While I am thinking about surprises I did think to check out what Mac had to say about Chapman Hill over north of West Salem. Don't know who it was named for but I know he wasn't kin, or at least not close enough we know about him. My version of McArthur doesn't have Chapman Butte in in Lane County it though, but maybe I need to get in touch with the son and let him know the history.

Les C