[or-roots] List inactivity

Leslie Chapman pil3hvar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 09:59:32 PDT 2017

Folks have been mentioning for the last few days they aren't receiving
any posts.

I would suggest that it is because there haven't been many.

In the past I have posted on a fairly regular basis either a question
relevant to Oregon or on occasion I have taken advantage of Layne's
good nature and asked for help on things usually from adjacent states.

I have not had a lot of time for some while now for genealogy and then
there was a period when I was unable to post or at least my posts did
not show up in my yahoo account. For some reason when Layne and I
finally got me able to post by adding my gmail account to Or roots I
now receive everything in both accounts even though the Yahoo account
supposedly was removed. Ironically for a while I could post in either
account and it only showed up in the other account. I attribute this
to technology not liking me. My son is pretty sure it is a PEBKAC
situation;

OKAY; strike that last bit, posted this and another post from Yahoo
and they just disappeared into the ether, so will try gmail.

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

I get very annoyed when I do something exactly right three times on my
puter and do not get the correct result then he punches in the same
command and gets the correct result, again he is sure it is as stated
above.

But I digress; One of the sad reasons our list has become
significantly less active is we lost a number of the people who were
most active on the list and some of the rest were in failing health
last I heard. That is unfortunately kind of a universal trend. My
girlfriend and I recently joined the Eagles and now we find that we
are invited to attend a meeting to determine if the local Aerie will
continue to function. As with fraternal organizations the impetus to
pursuing  genealogy is fading I believe. There are still some new
folks interested but the numbers who are too busy to continue and the
attrition rate on those of us in our later years seems to be thinning
the ranks.

I know that the few posts I HAVE  made in the past year or so since I
was able to post again have not received much if any response where in
the past at least four of five would have a suggestion or an answer, I
have been lucky if I got more than one response.

Just for the sake of argument I will post a query separate from this
on my current family page and lets see what kind of response I get.

Leslie Chapman

PS if you have received this you do NOT need to subscribe, if you wish
to subscribe you go to;