[or-roots] Oregon State Archives Open House October 6th

SAWYER Layne G * SOS Layne.G.SAWYER at oregon.gov
Thu Sep 20 11:21:13 PDT 2018

OR-Rooters,

If you happen to be in the Salem area on Saturday, October 6th consider stopping by the State Archives for our family friendly open house event.

In recognition of National Archives Month, the Oregon State Archives will hold its annual Open House on Saturday, October 6 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. The event will include a new gallery exhibit on the history of the Oregon State Fair.  Light refreshments will be provided.

In addition, "behind the scenes" tours will be available of the State Archives records storage area so visitors can learn more about the Archives and its holdings.  The 20-30 minute tour will provide an opportunity to see some of Oregon's most significant historical documents, including the original Oregon Constitution.

The State Archives is located at 800 Summer Street NE in Salem.

The State Capital will be hosting its' fall event on the same day so you can also visit the Capitol and partake of events there and while strolling between our building and the Capitol enjoy Salem's Saturday Market.

If you do decide to join us please introduce yourself to me at the Open House, I always love to be able to put a face to another member of the OR-Roots community.

Regards,

Layne Sawyer
"list mom"
Oregon State Archives