[Or-srp] Summer reading program grant

LaVonne Murray LaVonne at ScioOregon.gov
Wed Dec 27 14:52:18 PST 2023

I think she is referring to the mini-grant awarded in December 2021 and 2022 to the smallest and most rural Oregon libraries.

Quote from last year’s email: “The State Library is funding our 50 smallest and most rural libraries to receive a mini-grant of $250 worth of 2023 Summer Reading supplies and materials from the iREADS store. Recipients include the 50 Oregon libraries allocated the minimum Ready to Read grant amount and/or libraries with fewer than 2.0 full-time employees.”

It’s possible that they weren’t able to offer this very helpful grant to us this year.

LaVonne Murray
Librarian
Scio Public Library
38957 NW 1st Avenue
P.O. Box 37
Scio, Oregon  97374

Direct Line (503)394-8153

From: Or-srp <or-srp-bounces at omls.oregon.gov> On Behalf Of Jessica Marie via Or-srp
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2023 2:37 PM
To: Carol Rasmussen Schramm <carol at siletzlibrary.org>; Ione Lib. <ionelibrary at gmail.com>
Cc: or-srp at omls.oregon.gov
Subject: Re: [Or-srp] Summer reading program grant

Hello there,

According to the preliminary 2024 grant data<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/ld.php?content_id=72446296>, it looks like both Iola and Siletz are receiving $1,000 for this year’s grant cycle. I’m not sure whether the checks have gone out yet since the funds distribution date<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/readytoreadgrant> is December 31. I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Jessica R. Marie
Youth Services Senior Librarian
Pronouns: she/her/ella