[OR_Archaeology] Clarification on Listserv notice sent out 9/8

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Mon Sep 14 13:32:31 PDT 2009

On Sept. 8th I forwarded an email from our SHPO above-ground Sec. 106 reviewers that began,

"Preservation Partners, The Oregon SHPO has some new tools for those completing Section 106 and/or ORS 358.653 documentation.Some of you may have already noticed that a new compliance form has been posted on our website..."

Please be aware that these new forms and it's location on our website is for ABOVE GROUND RESOURCES ONLY (e.g., structures, blds, linear features such as canals or railroads) it does not include archaeology. These forms on the website are to aid consultants and agencies in submitting complete and accurate information to our office regarding above ground resources.

If you have any questions on reporting archaeological resources to our office, please refer to SHPO's Oregon Archaeological Survey & Reporting Standards. You can find a copy of these standards under the Guidelines/Laws subheading under the heading of Technical Information at our web page at

http://www.oregonheritage.org/OPRD/HCD/ARCH/index.shtml

Please do not hesitate to contact any of the SHPO archaeology reviewers if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks very much, Susan

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO
725 Summer St NE, Suite C