[OR_Archaeology] The Archaeological Conservancy: Seeking information about potential sites

julie clark jclark144 at att.net
Tue Sep 15 09:50:31 PDT 2009

        My name is Julie Clark, and I am the director in the western region for The Archaeological Conservancy (TAC).  Founded in 1979, TAC is the only nationally recognized non-profit organization that strives to preserve archaeological sites in perpetuity.

        I am attempting to gather information from the archaeological community regarding endangered archaeological sites located on private property. In the last year, we have made great progress in Oregon by adding three more sites to our list of permanent preserves.  We are actively looking for and persuing new sites. This requires the assistance of archaeologists and tribal representatives to help with the identification of endangered sites.
     Any information that you can share with me, regarding potential sites for TAC to acquire, would be very much appreciated.  To learn more about The Archaeological Conservancy, please contact me, or visit our website,  americanarchaeology.org

                    Sincerely.
                    Julie Clark

Julie L.Clark
THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL CONSERVANCY
Field Representative - Western Region
6130 Freeport Blvd.  Suite 100H
Sacramento, CA.  95822
Office: (916) 424-6240 Cell: (916) 470-9036
jclark144 at att.net