[OR_Archaeology] "Come Together Home" next screening on 12/4, Friday, 7pm at 5th Avenue Cinema, 510 SW Hall St., Portland, OR

Wendy Ann Wright wendyannwright at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 14:33:53 PST 2009

A film by my friend Ivy Lin.  Should be of interest to local
archaeologists.  Contact me if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Wendy Ann

*"Come Together Home"*
A documentary by Ivy Lin

Watch trailer here-
http://www.vimeo.com/6226018

Death. Disinterment. Reburial.

Discover the remains of early Chinese immigrants, and their extraordinary
final journey from Portland to Hong Kong.

Upcoming screening-

*December 4th, Friday, 7pm
*5th Avenue Cinema
510 SW Hall St., Portland, OR 97209
*Q&A with the director following the screening

Synopsis-

Block 14 in Lone Fir Cemetery, the first Chinese burial ground in
Portland—and site of as many as 1,500 burials—now stands as a fenced off
void of gravel after most of the remains were exhumed and shipped back to
China in 1928 & 1949.

Sixty years later, Director Ivy Lin follows the footsteps of the missing
1949 shipment in an extraordinary journey from Portland to Hong Kong.