[OR_Archaeology] Jessica Hale rocks as an Artifact Detective!

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Thu Jan 28 09:57:12 PST 2010

Good morning everyone,

I thought you might enjoy to see Jessica Hale's, an archaeologist with AAR, work with the Evergreen Public Schools for a great hands-on curriculum for 4th graders regarding historical archaeology. Here's the link to a great youtube video of her work--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsRUVh9_2ys

I would like to applaud (and that's an understatement) such admirable endeavors by both Jessica and AAR for taking the time and energy in getting archaeology into the classroom and helping students become more aware and excited about archaeology in their own backyard.

Please take the opportunity to give the soon-to-be-wed Jessica a pat on the back, not only because she deserves it but it will so embarrass her!

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO
725 Summer St NE, Suite C