[OR_Archaeology] TAC features prehistoric Ontario site

Meara Butler meara.butler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 07:59:28 PDT 2010

Please excuse the necessity of cross-posting.

Friends and colleagues: Pre-contact peoples in southeastern Ontario, Canada,
were part of the Eastern Woodlands cultural sphere.  This week we feature a
spectacular example of this cultural connection in *Legacy of Stone*, the
latest video feature on our nonprofit streaming-media Web site, *The
Archaeology Channel* (http://www.archaeologychannel.org).

This documentary, our first TAC film on Canada, examines one of the largest
archaeological finds in eastern North America, the Peace Bridge Site,
located in Fort Erie, Ontario.  Here, archaeologists are working with
the Native
American community to construct a more complete picture of life here
thousands of years ago.  Almost continuously between 2000 B.C. and A.D.
1500, people used this site as a source for stone raw materials, leaving
behind many thousands of artfully crafted artifacts as well as abundant food
and other remains of a lifeway that changed significantly over the
millennia.

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We
urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting (
http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance our nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported programming.  We also welcome new content partners as we
reach out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org

 Meara Butler

Archaeological Legacy Institute List Serve Coordinator