[OR_Archaeology] Looking for venues for ArchaeologyFest Film Series

RPettigrew at aol.com RPettigrew at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 10:33:01 PDT 2010

We are soliciting venues for our traveling film event, ArchaeologyFest
Film Series.  If you are connected with or know of an organization the  might
like to be a part of this annual activity, please read this information  and
respond as indicated below.

Each year we put together this traveling mini-Festival incorporating the
best films of The Archaeology Channel International  Film Festival
(_http://www.archaeologychannel.org/content/TACfestival.shtml_
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/content/TACfestival.shtml) ),  which takes place each May in
Eugene.  This is the only juried competition  in the Western Hemisphere for
films relating to archaeology and cultural  heritage. Our traveling film series
this season will comprise a group of about  seven of the best films from
TAC Festival 2010 as judged by our jury and our  audience.  These are among
the best films of their kind in the world.   We take this on the road to live
audiences in communities around Oregon.   This is both a way to fulfill our
public mission as a nonprofit organization  through sharing the content of
TAC Festival more widely and a form of promotion  for TAC Festival.  We begin
the tour in August or September 2010 and end in  February 2011.  At each
venue we show each film once.  We see this  program as an integral part of TAC
Festival.

We are looking for venues distributed around the state.  Ideally, each
venue will have its own interested community that is willing to help organize
and promote the event.  The equipment setup does not need to be fancy, but
we would need a screen and a digital projector.  We are willing to pay
venue rental, as long as it is affordable and can be covered by ticket  sales.

Please respond to this request as soon as possible to the e-mail address or
 phone number listed below.  Thank you!

Rick Pettigrew
Archaeological Legacy Institute
_Rpettigrew at aol.com_ (mailto:Rpettigrew at aol.com)