[OR_Archaeology] Fwd: Willamette Falls Heritage Area Update and Workshop

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Thu Oct 14 10:18:15 PDT 2010

PARTNERSHIPS FOR THE WILLAMETTE FALLS HERITAGE AREA

Tuesday, October 19, 3-6pm
Museum of the Oregon Territory, Tumwater Room
211 Tumwater Drive, Oregon City

JOIN US!
Please join us for an update on our progress toward creating a Willamette Falls Heritage Area and help us shape its heritage themes, interpretive venues, and visitor attractions. Most of all, help us build the partnership that will make this area's heritage come alive for residents and visitors alike. We need your ideas and aspirations, as well as your comments on our work thus far.

Who should attend: Everyone that is involved in developing, managing, and promoting heritage, cultural, and visitor attractions in Clackamas County near the Willamette River.

Please RSVP and/or send questions to: info at wfheritage.org by Monday, October 18.

For more information, visit www.wfheritage.org

SPEAKERS
- Congressman Kurt Schrader
- Mayor Alice Norris
- Councilor Jody Carson
- Brian Douglas Scott, Project Manager
- Gretchen Luxenberg, National Park Service
- Mark Davison, Oregon Dept. of Parks & Recreation

HERITAGE THEMES (for discussion)

Ancient Beginnings
  Ice Age Floods; Willamette Meteorite; Natural Features

Tribal Culture
  Native Fishing & Trade, with its evolution over time

Exploration & Enterprise
  Hudson's Bay Company, the Fur Trade, early Enterprises

Commerce & Civics
  Western Settlement, Governance, Oregon Territory

Migration
  The End of the Oregon Trail, Willamette Valley settlement

Industry
  Hydroelectric Power, Locks, Transportation, & Manufacturing

Chrissy Curran
Associate Deputy SHPO
Oregon State Historic Preservation Office
725 Summer Street, Suite C
Salem, Oregon  97301

Tel: (503) 986-0684, Fax: (503) 986-0793
chrissy.curran at state.or.us
www.oregonheritage.org