[OR_Archaeology] Update of SHPO Survey & Reporting Guidelines

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Wed Dec 8 18:10:54 PST 2010

Happy Holidays to all!

I hope this email and holiday greeting finds you and yours healthy and happy and preparing for a wonderful holiday season.

State Archaeologist, Dennis Griffin, is currently looking for feedback from Oregon archaeologists for an upcoming update of the SHPO Survey & Reporting Guidelines.

First posted in January 2009 on our website, Dennis will be adding a section of Curation of Artifacts and Tribal Consultation to the current reporting guidelines.

We welcome your feedback and ideas!

You can find the SHPO Survey and Reporting Guidelines at our website--

http://www.oregonheritage.org/OPRD/HCD/ARCH/docs/State_of_Oregon_Archaeological_Survey_and_Reporting_Standards.pdf

Or, if you cannot access our website, I have attached a copy of the guidelines to this e-mail.

Please direct all questions, comments, and feedback to Dennis Griffin, State Archaeologist, at dennis.griffin at state.or.us .

Thank you for both your time and efforts on our behalf, Susan Lynn White

P.S. Look forward in the upcoming months to an update of the current field guidelines also.

Susan Lynn White, RPA
Asst. State Archaeologist
Oregon SHPO
725 Summer St NE, Suite C