[OR_Archaeology] Society for Industrial Archaeology 2011 Conference to be held in Seattle, WA June 1-5

Susan White susan.white at state.or.us
Mon Dec 13 15:59:59 PST 2010

the Society for Industrial Archeology 2011 annual conference. The SIA is made up of members, world-wide, who have a strong interest in preserving, interpreting and documenting our industrial past and heritage. Whatever your profession or favorite pursuit, if you share our interest in the industrial past, we welcome you to join us. 	SIA logo

FYI...

Here's the Society for Industrial Archaeology Homepage
http://www.sia-web.org/

The SIA is made up of members, world-wide, who have a strong interest in  preserving, interpreting and documenting our industrial past and heritage.

And here's info for the upcoming conference
http://sia2011.com/

The SIA's annual conferences and fall tours are held in various cities and areas of the United States and Canada having a significant legacy of industrial activity. Both activities feature field trips to industrial and engineering sites of interest, including "process tours" of still-active plants not normally open to the public.

Seattle is hosting the 40th annual SIA conference at the Grand Hyatt Seattle from June 1 through June 5, 2011.  Tour stops will include the Boeing 787 Facilities, Murray Morgan Bridge, Bremerton Naval Shipyard, and the Drydocks, Shipyards, and Drawbridges of Lake Union, to name a few. Visit the 'Tours' link above for more information.

Join us in Seattle and help celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the founding of the Society for Industrial Archaeology!