[ORBITS-Users] FYI - - - PICS Update is working

DEFOREST Brian E * BAM SABRS Brian.E.Deforest at state.or.us
Mon Dec 29 14:37:39 PST 2008

Some of you have called asking if the PICS immediate update is down
because ORBITS does not appear to be updating right away.  The PICS
immediate update is working, but experiencing some significant delays
when updating ORBITS.  The PICS transactions update the PICS database
immediately and the data in PICS appears to be fine.  However, the
ORBITS side of the transactions is in a data queue waiting to update the
ORBITS database.  In many cases, it takes more than an hour to update
ORBITS.  There is no need to send transactions through a second time as
this will only contribute to the backlog of transactions.  We will
reload any necessary data into ORBITS once the problem has been resolved
if it appears that PICS and ORBITS are out of balance.

Denver is working with the State Data Center to resolve the delay.  We
will send an update message when we hear anything new.

Brian E. DeForest, Manager

Budget & Management Division, DAS

Statewide Audit Budget and Reporting Section (SABRS)

Desk Phone: (503) 378-5442