[Orlsta] status of starting date of competitive grants FFY2011

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Tue Jan 25 09:21:11 PST 2011

Dear Grantees,

We want to give you a "heads-up" on the Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 2011 LSTA funding situation.

First,  for OBOB, OSLIS, L-net, Sage Courier, and OLA Scholarship, and the Clatsop and Linn County Extending Services grants - you are currently funded on FFY10 at least through June 30, so we expect that the FFY11 situation will be resolved by then.  This should not affect you.

Second, the Federal government is operating on a continuing resolution, meaning they temporarily have funds.   The Institute for Museum and Library Services, which funds LSTA, expects to be issuing the State Library a partial grant award.  We normally wait to issue competitive grant contracts until we have an award from the IMLS that can underwrite all of the grants.   We are hoping to issue competitive grant contracts starting March 1, but this projection can change depending on Congressional action.

Third,  IF YOUR GRANT

*         Has year two or year three of the project starting

*         Has paid personnel on the grant

*         Would end January 31 without funds to continue personnel

*         Has a major need for purchasing after February 1
PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP!

Please, if you have any questions or concerns, call or email early and often!  We have experienced this situation before, and with your help, we will make starting grants and transitions between grant years as smooth as possible.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Ann

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Library Development Services