[ORMAP-Tech] Cadastral Fit Proposals

SMITH Cy * EISPD GEO cy.smith at state.or.us
Mon Oct 25 09:53:11 PDT 2010

Thanks Dean, let me chat with Milt about the FIT suggestions, but these sound like pretty reasonable proposals to me.  The intent from the beginning when we established the FIT governance/coordination structure was to have the existing ORMAP governance/coordination structure serve as the Cadastral FIT. For various reasons, that wasn't immediately workable, so we kind of went down a slightly different path.  I'd be happy to have those two paths converge now.  The reason we've always tried to have a Cadastral FIT Chair be a local government person is because, obviously, the vast majority of cadastral data comes from local governments.  The other aspect of the FIT chairmanship is that it's generally proven to be a good idea to have some notion of changing the Chair from time to time to provide some fresh energy, etc.  Just some things to think about.

cy

Cy Smith, Statewide GIS Coordinator
DAS/EISPD Geospatial Enterprise Office
President, Urban/Regional Info Sys Assoc. (URISA)
Delegate, Coalition of Geospatial Organizations (COGO)
Past President, Natl. States Geographic Info. Council (NSGIC)
503-378-6066          http://gis.oregon.gov