[OSFA] Employment Opportunity - Fiscal Analyst 2

FLOWERS Clayton A Clayton.A.FLOWERS at odot.state.or.us
Wed Mar 29 07:33:38 PDT 2017

The following announcement is sent on behalf of ODOT.

Oregon Dept. of Transportation - Central Services Division - Financial Services Branch
Fiscal Analyst 2 - Financial Coordinator
ODOT17-0815oc - Salem

Bring your professional accounting or fiscal auditing experience and join ODOT's Financial Services team in Salem as a financial coordinator to provide financial support and analysis to division and branch offices in the areas of accounting and internal controls, financial reporting, operational expense analysis, budgeting, accounting system review, and submission of journal entries to the accounting system.

The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) works to provide a safe, efficient transportation system that supports economic opportunity and livable communities for Oregonians.

This position is with the Central Services Division, Financial Services Branch in Salem. Financial Services is committed to providing superior customer service and exceptional financial information and analysis. All units within the Branch continually collaborate with the various business lines to adopt innovative solutions consistent with good financial controls.

We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background.  ODOT values diversity and inclusion because it is best for Oregon.  We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us.  We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.

This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Duties
*       Set up expenditure accounts in Transportation Environmental Accounting Management System (TEAMS) database to ensure system structure reflects the correct funding source and appropriation/limitation.
*       Research erroneous expenditure charges upon requests.  Assist and/or prepare journal entries/transfers, obtain approvals and submit for entry.
*       Assist customers in determining appropriate coding for expenditure transactions, standard labor, equipment activity reporting, and revenue transactions.
*       Load legislative, work plan and project budgets for business lines.  Assist the customer in monitoring the position inventory control system (PICS) and tracking of permanent financing.
*       Assist customers with the use and interpretation of online financial reports and financial inquiry data tools.  Create ad hoc financial reports that are useful, easy to use, and provide managers the tools to manage and achieve program goals.
*       Contribute to a cross-functional work team by providing financial reports and spreadsheets to assist in fiscal planning and analysis and to properly account for expenditures.
*       Provide proactive consultation to all levels of management in matters requiring financial and accounting expertise.
*       Actively interpret and review financial results with management.
*       Utilize quantitative analysis techniques to evaluate ongoing division/branch operations as they pertain to financial activities.
*       Assist the training technician in educating and training agency staff on TEAMS processes.
*       Meet monthly with business managers, fiscal analysts, and/or budget coordinators to ensure an understanding of business line needs and to resolve issues.
*       Assist in special projects including analysis of budget expenditures, legislation and reporting requirements.

Working Conditions
*       Occasional in-state travel to conduct financial presentations.
*       May need to work significant overtime hours to meet deadlines and statutory timelines.

The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at a Fiscal Analyst 2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for a Fiscal Analyst 1 ($3431 - $4996/monthly) to apply, as we may consider under-filling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for a Fiscal Analyst 2. Underfill training will not exceed three years.

For more information and/or to apply online, click here<https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon/jobs/1696132/fiscal-analyst-2-financial-coordinator-odot17-0815oc?keywords=odot17-0815&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs>. This opportunity closes on April 24, 2017 at 11:59 pm.

Jo Anne Robison
Recruitment Consultant
Human Resources, Oregon DOT
W: 503-378-6721  |  F: 503-986-3895

Clay
Clayton Flowers, CGFM, OPMA
Financial Policy and Compliance Manager
503-986-3967
FAX 503-986-4141

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.