[OSFA] Conferences, Nominations, and New Board Members

HARRIS Serena serena.e.harris at HECC.OREGON.GOV
Mon Apr 17 11:59:48 PDT 2017

Hello,

I hope everyone has had a chance to decide which conference you would like to attend. I think they will both be informative. Please get your registrations in as soon as possible to ensure you get the sessions you want. Don't forget we also have the annual awards. The first one is the award for Promotion and Development of the Oregon State Fiscal Association. This award recognizes a person or persons who have given their energy and support to the organization and who have had a positive effect on its growth and development. Then there is the award for Outstanding Contribution to Oregon State Government Finance and Accounting. This award recognizes a person or persons who have made a direct and substantial impact on finance or accounting in their agency, other agencies, or the state system as a whole. If you know of anyone you would like to nominate, please fill out the attached forms and email them to me at serena.e.harris at state.or.us<mailto:serena.e.harris at state.or.us>.

Also, we are in need of two, possible three new board members. Being on the OSFA board gives you an opportunity to help plan trainings and network with other state fiscal employees. We will need new members who are willing to take on some responsibility within the board. We will need a secretary, treasurer, and president elect. Board meetings are once a month during lunch time, more often as the spring conferences approach if necessary. We also do a retreat during the summer which is on an agreed upon Saturday for about four hours. If you are interested, please email me at the email address in the last paragraph and we will get your name on the ballot. We are having a meeting tomorrow at noon at the Public Service Building in Salem on the third floor. If you are outside of Salem, let me know and I will arrange for a phone number to call in on. You don't have to work in Salem, to be part of the board. Calling in remotely works as well.

Thanks and I hope to see you at one of the conferences.

Serena Harris  |  Accounting Team Lead
Higher Education Coordinating Commission  |  255 Capitol Street NE  |  Salem, Oregon 97310
Phone: 503.947.2434  |  Fax: 503.378.3365
Serena.E.harris at state.or.us<mailto:Serena.E.harris at state.or.us>