OSPS E-News ~ New Message Added to Payroll Exception Report

Thu Aug 21 15:02:11 PDT 2008

Effective with the payroll exception reports you receive tomorrow
morning, there will be a new alert message related to payments to
terminated employees.  While we know that you have a frequent need to
make corrections and adjustments for terminated employees, we believe
that this warning message will be useful to your review of the exception
reports and provides a good control around such payments.  The message
will read: 8050 -  terminated employee receiving pay.

The new alert will be added to existing messages related to terminated
employees and multiple messages may appear in tandem for a terminated
employee depending upon the circumstances.

Message

Explanation

5500-ACH CANCELLED DUE

TO TERMINATION

The terminated employee has a net pay direct deposit on

the P070. The direct deposit will be ignored. If payment is

due, OSPA will produce a paper check.

8055-TERM-NP-TO-FED-TAX

The terminated employee has a small amount of net pay

(less than $1.00) that will be added to federal tax to

eliminate the need for payment.

For more information about the Payroll Exception report, follow this
link to the OSPS Reference Manual.

http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/reports/E120-042A.pdf

Your feedback about changes to OSPA, payroll reports and online tools is
always welcomed.

Sharon McKeehan, Manager

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

DAS/State Controller's Division