OSPS E-News ~ PERS Annual Billing

Thu Sep 18 08:48:22 PDT 2008

OSPS received a communication from PERS that was sent out via a list
serve.  In case you received this information, we'd like to clarify.

*      PERS bills each agency a fee of .40 per employee for their
services as State Social Security Administrator.  That relates to the
Social Security Section 218 agreement that state public employees are
covered by Social Security.

*      Each January, OSPS provides PERS with the number of employees who
received a W-2 from each agency.  That is the basis for the billing.

*      In January, we send report XREF11 to each agency payroll office
which gives you W-2 summary information.  Your employee count is on that
report.

*      PERS says that they are currently billing for calendar year 2006
and will be billing for calendar year 2007 next year.

*      They process that billing through J Clarety and you will receive
an invoice.  To validate the invoice, compare the number of employees on
XREF11 against the billing amount @ .40 per employee.  If there are
questions about the invoice, you should contact Karen Park at PERS.
Karen.park at state.or.us

*      Once 2008 W-2s have been produced, OSPS will provide the 2008
employee counts to PERS.  You do not need to provide this information -
we will do it for you.

We hope this clears up any questions you may have had.

Sharon McKeehan, Manager

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

DAS/State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE,  U-50