OSPS E-News ~ Furlough Code

Wed Feb 25 10:54:31 PST 2009

OSPS is receiving questions about a special code that will be used to
log furlough hours.  We are finalizing the testing on code "LA" which
will be populated in management service benefit packages this week for
use starting March 1.

The code has been configured according to the business rules that have
been defined for us.  Leave hours logged using this hour are leave
without pay.  No PERS will calculate for the lost time.  However, the
hours represented by code LA for furlough will count towards leave
accruals and for the PEBB monthly benefit contribution calculation.

We are also working on the format for a monthly report of furlough hours
taken.  We plan to have the report available at the same time as leave
accrual reports are issued for March closed pay period and each month
thereafter.

As new payroll related furlough information becomes known, we will share
that information with you.

Sharon McKeehan, Manager

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

DAS/State Controller's Division