OSPS E-News ~ Notification of New P070 Edits

Fri Jan 30 14:31:21 PST 2009

Hello Everyone,

OSPS has received guidance from PEBB that employer-paid basic life
insurance (SLNN) and PEBB-paid life insurance (SINN) should never be
paid by the employee.  Because of PEBB's guidance and because A, F and W
entries with amounts in the 'employee' field create imbalances in our
reporting for PEBB, which we must research and correct,  we have
constructed new edits for the P070 screen to prevent those entries.
These edits are being migrated to the production region tonight.

Codes affected are:

SLNN - employer paid $5,000 basic life insurance

SINN - PEBB paid $20,000 life insurance

Error Messages are:

DA66 Invalid Amts

DA56 Emplr Shr Err

DA57 Board Shr Err

DA40 Crossfoot Shr

You will find detailed information on deduction entries and adjustments
in the OSPS Reference Manual - P070 Section found here:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/screens/P070.pdf

Please contact OSPS-Help if you have questions.

Sharon McKeehan, Manager

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

DAS/State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE,  U-50