OSPS E-News ~ (no subject)

Tue Oct 27 15:25:06 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

The Statewide Payroll Advisory Council*  met last week to discuss a
common payroll concern - what to do if many payroll staff are out with
H1N1 flu at the time of a payroll cutoff.   The group decided that it
was wise to plan and prepare.

As they discussed, they agreed that the risk was higher in small payroll
offices and that some larger groups could possibly share staff with
smaller agencies.  Also, while OSPS cannot promise to send staff out to
small offices, there is always the possibility that we could data enter
timesheets for a several small agencies.

The group came up with the idea of surveying all agencies to come up
with a profile of the payroll office.  The profile would address
readiness to meet a crisis, size and complexity of the payroll process
for the agency,  special needs and the possible ability to share staff.
Attached is a profile form.  If you will complete this profile and
return it to me, OSPS will compile this information into single document
and provide all agencies with a copy.  That way if you (or your
supervisor) needs help, you will have contact information for someone
who may be able to share a resource.

I think this project shows great partnership and collaboration on the
part of the agency payroll staff.  I hope you all will take the time to
complete the profile form.  Let me know if you have any questions.

* Statewide Payroll Advisory Council membership:

Shirley Alt, Legislature

Becky Daniels, DHS

Geri Greeno, OYA

Margie Johnson, DAS