OSPS E-News ~ New Manual Check Control

Tue Feb 16 16:33:00 PST 2010

NEW CONTROL - DAILY MANUAL CHECKS

CLOSED PERIOD REQUESTS SUBMITTED WITHOUT CORRECTIVE FLAG

If you set up your transactions accurately, this revision will never be
an issue for you. We are implementing this change on Monday, March 1,
2010.

As a matter of appropriate accounting transactions, system entries must
be complete before you request issuance of payment from the joint
payroll account. This includes setting a corrective flag on the P190
screen for closed pay periods.

Effective March 1, 2010, check requests for closed pay periods with the
absence of a corrective flag, will fail to pass the manual check run
controls.  Once our batch has been completed, we will report failed
transactions back to the requesting agency.

Providing our customers with daily manual checks is one of our most
important services.  Providing them on time and with 100% accuracy is
our service standard.  Transactions submitted with errors impact our
ability to deliver those results.

FURTHER READING - MANUAL CHECK GUIDE:

OSPS publishes a comprehensive guide to success with manual checks.
Please see our Online Resource Center, Reference Manual, Recommended
Practices:

http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/practice/practicechecksmanu
al.pdf .

Sharon McKeehan, Manager