OSPS E-News ~ 2009-11 and 2011-13 Furlough Obligation

Fri Aug 5 10:22:05 PDT 2011

We are aware that agencies are reviewing the OSPA/LARS reports on
employee furlough obligations for the 2009-11 biennium. Please do not
try to correct 2009-11 LA and LZ balances in OSPA / LARS.

With the June leave accruals, the application zeroed out the furlough
balances for the 2009-11 biennium.  As we receive notice of ratified
contracts and the business rules for the 2011-13 biennium, we will
update benefit packages and programming as needed and accrue new
furlough obligations for employees in the affected benefit packages.

The leave balances in LARS are current month. If you try to adjust the
prior biennium balances, you will impact the accruals for this biennium.
If you create a negative balance, it will reduce the employee's
obligation for the new biennium. If you create a positive balance, LARS
will not give the employee a new balance when we accrue the obligation
for the new biennium.

So far, we are aware that employees represented by the AFSCME central
table can take furlough days starting in July and employees under AEE
can begin taking them in August. OSPA will allow a negative LA balance.
We will accrue AEE obligation balances during August accruals. We do not
yet have a timeframe for AFSCME central table accruals.

If you have questions, please contact OSPS.Help at state.or.us

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
State Controller's Division
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/>
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

How are we doing?

Please complete our customer service survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback>

Your opinion matters

Thank You!!