OSPS E-News ~ Electronic Paystub/W2 Analysis Project

Thu Aug 18 17:09:14 PDT 2011

Good evening,

For many years the Oregon Statewide Payroll Services (OSPS) staff have
been involved in a number of high level analysis of the potential
savings in moving the system to paperless paystubs and W-2's.  Last fall
Sharon McKeehan (former OSPS Manager) began working on this project and
secured a Willamette University intern to help gather information and
statistics.  The intern left and Sharon completed the initial Business
Case documentation prior to her retirement this year.

OSPS would like to share this initial version of the business case for
Electronic Distribution of Payroll Payments and W-2's with our customers
and stakeholders within State government.  We hope to convene a small
representative group of state agency payroll and finance staff to vet
the Business Case.  Our primary goal for this vetting process is to seek
greater understanding and clarity of the cost estimates and savings, get
a critical review of the assumptions, and to solicit ideas about
improvements and next steps.  We plan to use the work from this vetting
process to add to and refine the Business Case into the next version
that will lead to a decision toward implementation.

The current version of the Electronic Distribution of Payroll Payments
and W-2's business case can be accessed from the hyperlink below.  We
will schedule a meeting for late September to vet this business case as
described above.  Please let me know if one or more representatives from
your agency Payroll, Human Resources, or Finance area would like to
participate by sending an email to sandy.ridderbusch at state.or.us.

http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/docs/Right_Nav/OSPS_Business_Case_E-Payrol
l.pdf

Thank you,