OSPS E-News ~ Stale Dated Check Deadline Approaching

Wed Aug 31 13:30:25 PDT 2011

As a reminder, we are fast approaching the deadline of September 15,
2011 for having completed the "Due Diligence" portion of our
responsibility to attempt to locate the owners of stale dated checks.
These checks will become unclaimed property if not claimed and cashed.
Any stale dated check over $100.00 needs to be researched for the owner,
via internet, telephone directory, etc.

If the owner is not able to cash the original check, a replacement check
can be requested. If the owner is a current employee there is a contact
established and the check is not considered unclaimed.  Contact the
employee and/or supervisor to have the check replaced.  There is no
amount limit for a current employee requiring all checks to be replaced
or a correction made.

The deadline for reissuing stale dated checks is October 1, 2011.  If a
check needs to be rewritten, please send to OSPS with the appropriate
form no later than October 1, 2011.   Please send me a copy of your
original list with notations regarding the results of your efforts and
sign.  If you have misplaced your report, let me know and I will send
you another copy of the report.

If you have questions, please call me at 503-373-0252 or email me at
Pauline.lewis at state.or.us

Thank you for all your efforts on this project.

Pauline Lewis, Application Development Analyst

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

Dept of Admn Srvs/State Controllers Division

155 Cottage Street NE, Salem, OR 97301

(503) 373-0252