OSPS E-News ~ SEIU Negotiated Part-Time $40 Subsidy

Fri Dec 23 16:15:37 PST 2011

Good afternoon,

OSPS was only very recently made aware that there was a change to the
original direction provided on the SEIU/DAS HRSD LRU negotiated $40
full-time employee subsidy.  SEIU represented part-time employees that
participate in the full-time insurance plans will also be eligible to
receive a pro-rated amount of the $40 subsidy if their base salary rates
are below $2,817.

PEBB Plan Year programming went into production on November 25th, prior
to the CBA eligibility change being negotiated, so OSPA is not
programmed to do this calculation for December's pay period.  We are
working with DAS Labor Relations to determine the eligibility
requirements for part-time employees who select full-time insurance
plans at this time.

Once the criteria has been defined, OSPS will share that with agencies
and begin programming for OSPA.  We do not anticipate these things being
accomplished in time for the December Run 2 processing.  Please let your
employees that qualify as "part-time with salary value of less than
$2,817" that if they are entitled to any proration amount of the $40
subsidy they will receive it but not with their December paid January
payroll.

Our understanding at this point is that this change for the application
of subsidy regarding part-time employees only applies to SEIU
represented staff.

Thank you.

Sandy Ridderbusch, Manager
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services