OSPS E-News ~ Microfiche Changes are Coming

Wed Aug 29 14:25:05 PDT 2012

Payroll Professionals,

We are shutting off microfiche production for agency payroll offices beginning with September Run 2.  You will receive your last run of microfiche with September Run 1 at your normal delivery time on or about 10/5/2012.

At our April forum, we talked about proposed changes to the way we distribute microfiche.  During that forum, the discussion came up about stopping microfiche for agencies altogether.

Subsequent to that discussion, we sent out a survey asking your opinion about stopping microfiche production for some or all of the reports.  The overwhelming majority said to stop all fiche.  We followed up with the agencies that were reluctant to lose that resource.  We addressed their concerns and now have complete support for turning off microfiche for agency payroll reports.

This e-mail is your notification of our intent to shut off microfiche production for agency payroll offices beginning with September Run 2.  OSPS will continue to receive microfiche for the payroll register (XREF44), the leave accrual register (B470), and the year-to-date register (XREF68).

The following grid outlines the microfiche  we will be shutting off.  Please note that all of these reports are available to you each payroll run electronically in PDF format to be downloaded to your local storage.

Run 1
Fiche Report
Title   Number
OSPS Labor Distribution and Prorate     OSPSB507
OSPS SFMS Cost Distribution     XREF90-series

Run 2
Fiche Report
Title   Number
OSPS Deduction Register XREF76
OSPS Labor Distribution and Prorate     OSPSB507
OSPS Leave Accrual Detail       B470
OSPS Payroll Alpha Register     XREF44
OSPS SFMS Cost Distribution     XREF90-series

Please contact us if you have any concerns with this action.  Thank you for working together to streamline processes and eliminate unnecessary production.

Payroll System Support
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services