OSPS E-News ~ Agency Subsidy Coding for Life Insurance

Fri Feb 10 13:46:27 PST 2012

Good afternoon,

ODOT's accounting and payroll staff identified an issue with how
employer paid subsidy is reporting in SFMA when the subsidy also pays
the employee share for Basic Life (SLNN 901).

OSPS programming staff have found the calculation in the system that is
overriding the PTD2 deduction table logic for SLNN 901 and they are
working on the solution at this time.  As soon as we have updated and
tested the change to correct this we will move this into production.  We
hope to accomplish this prior to the March payroll cycle.

I apologize for any inconvenience this has created to both the
accounting and payroll staff within your agency in reconciling the
December and January payroll activity between OSPA and SFMA.  Please let
us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your patience while we address this matter and a special
thanks to Mary Rooper and the other staff at ODOT who found and brought
this matter to our attention.

Sincerely,

Sandy Ridderbusch

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

Phone: (503) 373-0198  Fax: (503) 378-3518

OSPS Help Desk: (503)378-6777  mailto:OSPS.Help at das.state.or.us
<mailto:OSPS.Help at das.state.or.us>

Visit Our Online Resource Center:  http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS>