OSPS E-News ~ July Forum Notes and October Forum Change

Fri Jul 20 10:13:44 PDT 2012

Good morning,

At the beginning of forum this week, I got distracted by "technical difficulties" and forgot to start the OregonConnect recording. I apologize for the inconvenience. As a substitute, we prepared brief notes. The document is posted to the OSPS On-line Resources:  http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/Pages/training.aspx#OSPA_User_Forums

At forum, we learned about the PEBB open enrollment deadlines and requirements. Afterwards, a staff member from Shared Payroll Services suggested that we could help reduce the stress on agency payroll by changing the date of the October 30 OSPS User Forum. We understood that payroll may need all the time available for late entries and acted on that request.

The next Forum will be Friday, November 2, 2:00 to 4:00 pm in Room 260, Labor and Industries Building, 350 Winter St. NE, Salem. We recognize that Friday afternoon is not the best time. It is difficult to schedule events in November because of the two holidays and the furlough day and we want to provide year-end close information as early as we can. I am building in precautions to ensure that we record the session and will make it available the following week.

Thanks for your understanding. If you have questions / comments, please contact OSPS.Help at das.state.or.us<mailto:OSPS.Help at das.state.or.us> or Katherine.Bremser at das.state.or.us<mailto:Katherine.Bremser at das.state.or.us>
Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published