OSPS E-News ~ Pay Advance Code

Mon Jul 23 08:02:07 PDT 2012

Good Morning,

We have a new deduction code that will be used in OSPA to record and process manual checks that are for employee pay advances.  Previously the same deduction code (PPNN) was used for all manual checks, including pay advances.  Now we will use PPPA for pay advance checks and PPNN for all other manual checks we process.

With two separate codes you will now be able to query the OSPS Datamart specifically for pay advances, other manual checks, or both together.

The process for ordering pay advances will not change.  You will still fax form 75.41.02.FO Emergency Pay Advance Request to PSS and we will create the manual check.

If you have any questions you can contact me.  Thanks.

Pauline Lewis, Application Development Analyst
DAS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
155 Cottage Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
(503) 373-0252