OSPS E-News ~ PEBB Surcharge Descriptions -- Survey Results

Mon Mar 5 13:44:39 PST 2012

Thanks to all of you who took the time to answer our survey questions
about the PEBB surcharge descriptions on employee paystubs. We had an
incredible 91 responses!

As a result of your comments and input, we have decided to not change
the descriptions. Eighty-five percent of the responders said they had
not received complaints from their employees. Only 19% of the responders
thought changing the check stub descriptions was a good idea. Your
individual comments were very helpful to us in thinking through the
process.

Several responders commented about the confusion created by the EE
YTD/SUB$ description. We apologize. Our decision to use this approach
had to do with keeping pay stubs to one page and how PDB  interfaces
information to OSPA. We will continue to explore our options.

We thought it might be helpful to agency payroll and employees to have
the information on PEBB deduction codes from the December pay stub on
the web. We have now added it to our on-line resources:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/InsPaystubCodes.pdf

Because we had several comments on the survey, we are passing on a
reminder - employee pay stubs contain confidential information and the
handling and access to them should be limited.

Again thank you for the response and input.

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
State Controller's Division
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/>
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published