OSPS E-News ~ OSPA / PDB interface re-open

Wed Nov 28 08:41:48 PST 2012

Good Morning!

PEBB signed-off on the testing for the PEBB 2013 changes yesterday. We opened the PDB  / OSPA interface portal this morning.

In case you did not receive it, we are forwarding yesterday’s PEBB update.

If you have questions on rejections or new entries, please contact Inquiries.PEBB at das.state.or.us<mailto:Inquiries.PEBB at das.state.or.us> or 503-373-1102.

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

From: PDB Administration * PEBB [mailto:pdb.administration at state.or.us]
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:11 PM
To: PDB Administration * PEBB
Cc: HASSOUN Ali H * PEBB; BOUGHTON Amy S * PEBB; BAROTT Barbara * PEBB; GARCIA Cinciri A * PEBB; JESSUP Cynthia L * PEBB; LORETZ Kathleen * PEBB; DOMI Mevlude * PEBB; MARTINEZ Miriam * PEBB; WHITE-GALLARDO Sandy * PEBB; SHEEHAN Sharon * PEBB; DAILY-ZORNADO Terry * PEBB; ANGELL Timmie A * PEBB
Subject: PEBB System Update - OSPS interface re-open

Hello,

The PEBB.Benefits interface to OSPA is scheduled to be re-opened tomorrow morning, 11/28/12. Since the interface was closed at 5pm on 10/31/12, the PDB transactions will now be fed over to p070 which includes all transactions processed in PDB after 5pm on 10/31/12. At this time we project that several OSPA rejections will occur. These will reject for various reasons due to the mismatch of information between PDB and p070.

Here are some examples of why the OSPA rejections occur:

1.       Effective dates/End dates do not match

2.       Plans do not match

3.       Plan tiers do not match

4.       Missing plans in one of the systems (p070 or PDB)

5.       System issues (VSP issue – PEBB has not yet had a chance to review these, but you can review the entire record now that Open Enrollment is closed and let us know if there is anything we need to correct in PDB)

6.       Manual p070 entries being made during the time the interface was closed

7.       Retro changes in PDB

Please use the attached guide to help you understand the rejections and what you need to do on your end to clear them. The main focus is looking at the entire record for the member to ensure that PDB and p070 match. By matching, this would include Plan name, plan tier and begin and end dates.

PEBB is working very hard to get to the rejections to help clear them and will also assist you with questions you may have about your rejections.

Thanks!! ☺

Miriam Martinez

Public Employees' Benefit Board

Senior Systems Analyst