OSPS E-News ~ FW: Day of Leave

Tue Oct 9 15:52:56 PDT 2012

Good Afternoon,

The DAS Chief Human Resource Office has requested we forward the attached annual notice for GL  for Management, Unclassified (executive) and Classified Unrepresented Service employees.

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

From: FOREST Cynthia L * CHRO
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:50 PM

To:                   Agency Directors
Human Resource Directors and Managers

From:               Michael Jordan, Chief Operating Officer
                        Director, Department of Administrative Services

Re:                   Day of Leave

Applicable to:   Management, Unclassified (Executive), and Classified Unrepresented Service Employees (excludes temporary employees)

I'm pleased to announce that management, unclassified (executive), and classified unrepresented service employees will receive an extra eight-hour day of paid leave, to be taken the working day before or after Thanksgiving (2012), Christmas (2012) or New Year's (2013). If an employee cannot take the day of leave on a day described above, he or she may take the leave on or before Jan. 31, 2013, with supervisory approval. Further detail is located in State HR Policy 60.000.10 Special Leaves with Pay.

Please note:

*         The timesheet code for this day of leave is "GL."

*         The leave day is prorated for part-time employees.

*         A similar day was bargained for most represented employees.

As we continue to experience challenging times in state government I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your hard work and dedication as you provide needed services to the citizens of Oregon.

Questions should be directed to Cindy Forest (503-373-7062) or Susan Hoeye (503-378-8301) of the Chief Human Resource Office.