OSPS E-News ~ State Dated Checks

Mon Sep 10 15:32:55 PDT 2012

Good Afternoon,

As a reminder, we are fast approaching the deadline of September 15, 2012 for having completed the "Due Diligence" portion of our responsibility to attempt to locate the owners of stale dated checks.
These checks will become unclaimed property if not claimed and cashed. Any stale dated check over $100.00 needs to be researched for the owner, via internet, telephone directory, etc.

If the owner is not able to cash the original check, a replacement check can be requested. If the owner is a current employee there is a contact established and the check is not considered unclaimed.  Contact the
employee and/or supervisor to have the check replaced.  There is no amount limit for a current employee requiring all checks to be replaced or a correction made.

The deadline for reissuing stale dated checks is October 1, 2012.  If a check needs to be rewritten, please send to OSPS with the appropriate form no later than October 1, 2012.   Please send me a copy of your
original list with notations regarding the results of your efforts and sign.

Thank you for all your efforts on this project.

Pauline Lewis, Application Development Analyst
DAS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
155 Cottage Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
(503) 373-0252