OSPS E-News ~ 3/8/13 FMLA Supplemental to Policy 60.000.15

Fri Mar 8 16:47:11 PST 2013

Payroll Professionals,

We are forwarding this information about FMLA changes to you on behalf of the Chief Human Resource Office.  Please see below.  Thank you.

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-378-6777 opt 0

Online Resource Center:  http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/

Data Classification: Level 2-Limited

From: FOREST Cynthia L * CHRO
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2013 3:51 PM
To: RIDDERBUSCH Sandy * EGS
Cc: FOREST Cynthia L * CHRO
Subject: 3/8/13 FMLA Supplemental to Policy 60.000.15

To:                   Human Resource Staff

From:              The Chief Human Resource Office

Subject:           Changes to the Family and Medical Leave Act

Please distribute this email to your human resource and other agency staff who administer family and medical leave.

Effective 3/8/13 the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act was updated. We placed a policy supplement with changes to the FMLA on our website in the policy attachments and toolkit section of State HR Policy 60.000.15 Family and Medical Leave. Agencies should immediately begin complying with the new and clarified provisions of the act.

A copy of the updated FMLA poster is located on the policy website. Shortly, we will make any necessary updates to our forms to align with FMLA changes.

The 2013 Oregon Legislature is considering bills that may change the Oregon Family Leave Act. Once session adjourns we will begin updating State HR Policy 60.000.15 Family and Medical Leave.

State HR Policy 60.000.15 Family and Medical Leave, the attachments and the toolkit are located at: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/CHRO/pages/rules.aspx.

As always you may direct your FMLA/OFLA questions to Cindy Forest at 503-373-7062 or to the policy unit at: CHRO_PLCY_Dist at das.state.or.us<mailto:CHRO_PLCY_Dist at das.state.or.us>.  For legal advice please contact the Department of Justice Labor and Employment.

Thank you.