OSPS E-News ~ 2014 Income Tax Tables

Fri Jan 10 13:59:20 PST 2014

Good afternoon,

Department of Revenue made the 2014 State Income Tax Tables available this year after the December Run 1 payroll was processed (12/26/2013).  The income tax rate information has been updated and applied so employee payroll issued on or after January 1, 2014 will have the correct income tax rates applied.

The following message is now on the ePaystub logon front page so employees will be informed about both the federal tax table $20 miss-key error and the late availability and application of the state income tax rates.  OSPS and our programming staff apologize for the inconvenience that our error on the federal table update created for you and for your employees.

Income taxes are mandatory withholdings by the employer so the correction to the federal rate and the update to the state rates must be applied to the December paid January 2014 wages.  By updating these changes with December Run 2 we will not need to set corrective flags with January's pay period to re-process December.

ePaystub Portal Message:

Please be advised: January 1 Pay Adjustment
As a result of Federal and State Tax Rate Changes, employee net pay required adjusting. Most state employees will notice an adjustment on their next paystub with a description of: NET PAY ADJ. This is a one-time adjustment to ensure income taxes paid by each employee match the employee's W-4 tax exemption withholding status for tax year 2014. For additional information click the following link<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/epayroll/docs/epaystub/netpayadj.pdf>.

As always, please refer any questions to your Agency's Payroll Contact Person if you have any concerns. They are aware of the situation and are there to assist you.

Sincerely,
Sandy

Sandy Ridderbusch, Manager
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services