OSPS E-News ~ Net Pay Negatives due to Under Withholding

Mon Jan 6 14:20:47 PST 2014

Good afternoon everyone,

Due to a miss key in our 2014 Federal withholding tables some employees statewide were under withheld $20.00 for Federal Income Tax for December Run 1.

If the employee is a joint filer for Federal taxes and in the 15% withholding bracket after subtracting withholding allowances they would be affected by this issue and will have a net pay negative once we update the table to reflect the correct data.  This will be done before Prelim cutoff for December Run 2.

Please disregard the net pay negative if it is a result of this issue and the employee is a current active State employee; the negative will clear automatically on January Run 1.

If the employee is no longer active please contact the OSPS Help Desk to resolve the net pay negative.

Thank you for your patience,

Matthew Riley, CPA
OSPS Application Analyst
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services