OSPS E-News ~ Exception Report Message and STNN rate

Thu Dec 24 12:12:26 PST 2015

Payroll Professionals,

Below is a reminder from our Year End Forum way back on October 14th. We can understand why many have had issues this morning!

New short term/long term disability exception on E120-042

Short and Long term disability premiums should be based on employee's monthly salary  (RG* pay codes).

If employee has LWOP in the month exception will show,

5425-DISABILITY DED SHORT ON HRS WORKED

If employee has 80+ hours, deduction will still pro-rate; payroll staff need to calculate the difference.

If employee has less than 80 hours, calculate full premium based on monthly salary.

Also, to clarify, a rate change did take effect for the 2016 plan year for STNN; the rate is now .0069.  PEBB has not updated the information on their website.

Thank you.

OSPS Help Desk
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services