OSPS E-News ~ FW: PERS and Fixed WOC

Thu Jan 26 13:54:26 PST 2017

Forwarded on behalf of DAS CHRO-LRU.

From: INGRAM Amber * DAS On Behalf Of CHRO LIST Admin * DAS
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:36 AM
To: hrmgr-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; hrexec at listsmart.osl.state.or.us; Hrtech-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Cc: LEWIS Seth * DAS <Seth.LEWIS at oregon.gov>
Subject: PERS and Fixed WOC

As you may know, we have been working to address language in the PERS LOA with SEIU regarding fixed work out of class differentials.  Earlier today, we signed a LOA that now supersedes the previous versions.  Our goal was to provide clear language on how to calculate the fixed WOC differentials for a variety of scenarios that affect SEIU employees.  Please find the LOA attached.

In order to reduce the burden on agency staff, we have put together a centralized team that has been working hard since this morning to calculate and implement any changes that may affect SEIU represented employees. The goal is to have all of these changes entered into PPDB prior to payroll cutoff.  As a result, some employees in your agency may see changes to their pay effective December 1, 2016.

As we work through the data, there will likely be information the team may need to gather from your agency regarding a specific employee's circumstances.  Once the information has been entered, we will provide all agencies affected with individual employee spreadsheets showing the changes that were made.  Additionally, we will be working on an updated training for agency staff and revising the FAQ's.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at 971-283-6813 or email.

We appreciate your patience with this!

Thanks,

Nettie Pye
State Labor Relations Manager