OSPS E-News ~ FW: Workday - New Go Live Date

Fri Apr 27 11:53:31 PDT 2018

Payroll professionals,
The following is being forwarded on behalf of the HRIS Workday project.
Thank you,
Geri Greeno-Sanders
OSPS Senior System Analyst
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
(503) 373-0259 – direct
(503) 378-3518 – fax
geri.l.greeno-sanders at oregon.gov<mailto:geri.l.greeno-sanders at oregon.gov>
www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx>

Colleagues,

As discussed at our last all directors meeting, the Workday<http://www.oregon.gov/das/hr/pages/workday.aspx> project team has been working diligently towards implementing this new HR Information System, shaping it to meet the enterprise’s needs and populating it with state data. As background, Workday will change how we do HR work – making it more user-friendly and efficient – and give us better information management than ever before.
We know your agencies have been planning around the original go-live date (June 2018) and are anxious to get started. Because this implementation is too important to get wrong, we are shifting the go live date out to September. This delay will not impact the budget. It will allow us to properly:

·         Integrate the enterprise Payroll system into Workday

·         Collect and upload the accurate supervisory organizational data of agencies

·         Perfect the data conversion cycle in the shortest time frame possible

Similarly, agencies need time to align their business processes with Workday; thoroughly preview system functionality; and absorb the coming changes the system presents. This additional time will allow both the project team and agencies to spend more time preparing for go live, including:

·         Providing users with hands-on opportunities to experience Workday

·         Previewing key functionality with state government data

·         Aligning HR work to new, standard business processes

·         Performing additional data clean-up on behalf of agencies

More information about this change will be included in the project team’s next newsletter, which is scheduled for release on April 30. I am excited by the huge advancement Workday will provide Oregon state government, and I want to thank you for your partnership as we move towards implementation.
Sincerely,
Katy Coba
DAS Director
Chief Operating Officer